- Pricing and purchasing
- Macintosh Gatekeeper issues
Macintosh gatekeeper issue: If you encounter "damaged file" or "cannot open",
Control-click or right-click on MotionGenesisStartHere and choose Open.
- Macintosh plotting issues
- Ensure you have Java JDK (not JRE) installed on your computer.
- To plot, you may also need to download/install Quartz X11, then logout, then re-login.
- Double-click on MotionGenesisStartHere and type PlotTest.
If no plot appears, you may have a missing or uninstalled Quartz X11.
- Double-click on MotionGenesisStartHere and type Plot.
If PlotGenesis (plotting utility window) appears, a Java JDK and/or Java JRE is installed.
Hopefully, you have installed a Java JDK (not just a Java JRE) or a plot will not ultimately appear.
- Click the Function button and try to plot a function.
- When plotting for the first time, you may see a message such as:
"No Macintosh symbolic links exist for /usr/X11 and/or /usr/X11R6 ...",
To help the plotter find the installed Quartx X11, you must set a symbolic link.
To set a symbolic link on your computer, you may need to enter your computer's password (once).
Note: The prompt for your computer's password may be obvious or it may be hiding behind another open window.
- Contact us if the plotter still does not work.
Note: The most common error message is: "Postscript conversion error failed."
This is usually due to a missing/uninstalled Quartz X11 or a missing symbolic link.
- Using and running MotionGenesis
- Does MotionGenesis run on Windows and Macintosh OSX? Yes
- Does MotionGenesis run on Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.? Yes - depending on the release
- Is special hardware needed? No
- Can the MotionGenesis folder be moved to a USB chip and run off a USB port?
Yes. However the MGLicense.txt file must correspond to the computer and user on which it runs.
- Can I make MotionGenesis write files to a specified folder (directory)
Yes. Use the command SetWorkingDirectory
- Efficiency: Running MotionGenesis files from the operating system prompt (PC/Windows)
- Go to the C:\MotionGenesis folder
- Click on MotionGenesisTerminal
- If the font is too small, exit that screen. Instead click on:
- If the font is too big, exit that screen. Instead click on:
- To start MotionGenesis and run the commands in the file Hope.txt,
type the following, at the operating system prompt C:\MotionGenesis>
- From within MotionGenesis, type Quit to exit MotionGenesis
- Edit/save: Make and save whatever changes are needed to the file Hope.txt
- To re-run the upgraded file Hope.txt from the operating system prompt C:\MotionGenesis>
Press the   Up-Arrow key on the keyboard, then press Enter
- MotionGenesis-generated MATLAB®, C, and Fortran codes
- Relocating the MotionGenesis folder to another drive or folder on PC/Windows computer
1. Move the MotionGenesis folder to its new location.
2. Browse to the relocated MotionGenesis folder
3. Right-click on MotionGenesisStartHere
4. Select the Shortcut tab
5. Change the "Start in" text-box (as shown right)
6. Press OK
7. Repeat for "Start in" for MotionGenesisTerminal
8. Change "Target" and "Start in" for PlotGenesis (shortcut)
- To change the folder where MotionGenesis reads and writes files (e.g., for the RUN, SAVE, and ODE commands).
Edit the file MGDefaultPreferences.txt that is located in the MotionGenesis\MGToolbox folder, changing:
*Alternately, to temporarily change the working directory, set these commands at the MotionGenesis line prompt
(where C:\SomeFolder is the path to the folder on your PC/Windows computer's hard-drive)
(for Macintosh OSX or other Unix-type operating system)
- MotionGenesis™ Kane is Autolev-compatibility (click here)
- Unable to purchase: Duplicate receipt
Authorize.net (credit-card authorization company)
may deny/reject a credit card purchase due to invalid information.
Usually, there is a typo in one of the fields (e.g., a mis-typed name, address, e-mail address, credit-card number, etc.)
Usually what this means is that neither order was accepted.
Wait two minutes before resubmitting the purchase.
This is a fraud-prevention mechanism designed to protect consumers.
Carefully double-check each field and verify their accuracy.
If you do not wait two minutes, Authorize.net may issue a message about the nearly-identical order:
A duplicate transaction has been submitted.
A transaction with identical amount and credit card information was submitted two minutes prior.
It is usually best to wait 24 hours and then contact your credit card company.
Please verify if a charge was made. If you cannot resolve it with your credit-card company
after 24 hours, you may want to then contact Motion Genesis.
Note: Authorize.net usually e-mails us a notification when a purchase is made.
Although we cannot rapidly verify credit-card purchases, we can check our e-mail records.
In our experience, it is highly likely that "duplicate transactions" means no purchase was made.
We usually recommend that you find where an error was made and then resubmit your order.
- Declined transactions
If you encounter a declined transaction, check with the credit-card issuer (probably a bank)
to ensure your credit-card purchase has not been billed (or it has been refunded).
Note: There is a difference between a pending transaction and one that has posted to your account.
Many banks do not allow you to dispute a pending transaction. Instead, you must wait
until it automatically cancels or has posted to your account (which can take several days).
There may be a delay in your bank's reissuing your credit.
Transaction funds may be held for 24-48 hours (depending on card-type).
However, some cards (e.g., American Express) may be as long as 30 days.
Why a transaction may be declined:
- Transaction Status: Declined (Card declined by issuer - Contact card issuer to determine reason.)
Reasons: Insufficient funds, exceeded daily limit, declined unrecognized transaction, others.
- Authorization with the card issuer was successful but the transaction was declined due to
an address or zip-code mismatch with the address on file with the card issuing bank.
Reason: Bank has a different address or zip-code on file (mismatch with the information you entered).
Note: International cards do not have AVS (Address Verification Setting).
Other credit-card issues
If you have one e-mail receipt from us, please do not ask you credit-card company
to deny or reverse credit for that one as it as it is the only one that makes sense.
If you want us to help you locate a credit-card purchase/transaction, please e-mail us all the information you
remember entering for the credit-card purchase except for the credit-card number and security code.
For each MotionGenesis transaction/purchase, please send:
- Transaction ID
- Date of purchase/transaction
- Name of credit card used (e.g., Visa)
- Name on credit card
- Address for billing for credit card
- E-mail address that was designated for receiving receipt