Purchase, maintenance, support, and license policies
All sales are final. Prices, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Purchase policies (all products and services)
- All sales are final. No returns.
- Prices, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Textbook purchases:
If you are a student ordering a textbook, ensure your instructor has ordered the book or contact us.
Otherwise, if you are ordering a textbook, contact us for shipping and/or other charges.
- Software purchases:
If you are tentative about a software purchase, request a demonstration copy.
Software upgrades may apply some or all of their amortized cost to upgrade.
Fees may be charged for software license transfers, extensions, and changes.
Software maintenance policy
- Maintenance extends the license-period for currently-paid up licenses.
Example: If 1-year maintenance is paid on a license expiring December 2018, the license is extended to December 2019.
- Maintenance provides major version upgrades.
- A 3-year license with 2-year maintenance provides upgrades for the first two years of the license.
- A back-on-track fee may be charged to renew maintenance for significantly expired licenses.
- Support varies with license, e.g., professional licenses are supported more than other licenses.
- Support for Vanilla is basic - and less than Professional or Research licenses.
- Support for student versions is minimal. Significant help is available at the
Get Started webpage.
- See the Professional/Research/Student Comparison Chart for more details.
- Reasonable support is provided. However, support is different than